The Division of Science, Technology, and Mathematics Education in the Department of Teaching and Learning, Policy and Leadership in the College of Education at the University of Maryland announces its 2015 slate of graduate courses for STEM educators with a variety of interests. This year, we are offering several specialized 1 to 3 credit courses. As graduate courses, credits acquired this summer could be put toward a master’s degree and can be used to maintain certification.
Courses include the following:
• Mathematics Teaching for Children with Exceptionalities: SPED and ELL Inclusion classrooms
• Learning How to Apply the Maryland Environmental Literacy Standards to the School Curriculum: A Blended Learning Experience
• Supporting Common Core Mathematics Instruction for English Learners
• Learning and Teaching in the Physical Sciences
• Practicum for the Development of Mathematics Instructional Activities Aligned with the Common Core
• A Summer Excursion in Mathematics for Secondary Teaching
To learn about these nine courses, please follow this http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=1658051 to a Live Binder site with course descriptions and meeting dates, instructor bios, and course videos.
For best consideration, please apply as an advances special student to the Graduate School at the University of Maryland by May 15th.
The required forms and links are all in the Live Binder site.